RECIPE FOR WILTED LETTUCE SALAD WITH BACON GREASE
Wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease is my favorite salad. I like to eat salad, but in my experience wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease in the best ever. I can’t describe how tasty it is. I like to say it’s sweet and tangy, it’s warm and cold, but always so crispy and crunchy. Wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease is easy to make. But you have to pay attention in lettuce. Because it’s the key of deliciousness. How to make wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease? Today i will give you the best wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease which is most delicious entire the world.
Wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease is very popular for the salad lovers. What is bacon grease? Bacon grease is just the fat leftover in the pan after you cook your bacon. So it is the fat of bacon. So how to choose the best lettuce? I use bibbs lettuce because of it’s just delicate enough to wilt, yet retains it’s crispness. Bibbs lettuce known for its distinctive creamy flavor and crisp, crunchy texture. In this wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease, we need some ingredients and some cooking tips.
HOW TO MAKE WILTED LETTUCE SALAD WITH BACON GREASE EASY
- 5 heads of Bibbs Lettuce
- Red Wine or Apple Cider Vinegar
- Sea Salt
- 1/4 pound of bacon, chopped
- Organic Sugar
- Black Pepper
- First step is clean the large outer leaves of lettuce. I like to use the tightest part of the head.
- Peel oof the leaves by cutting fro the bottom core as needed.
- Then saok the lettuce leaves in ice water or in cold water in order to clean and make them crisp.
- Then drain with a salad spinner. Then remove to large bowl.
- Coarsely chop your bacon (into bacon “bits”).
- Then fry in the small skillet over medium heat until crisp.
- Remove the bacon bits from the bacon grease.
- Drain with a paper towel. Set aside.
- Turn off the heat and let the bacon grease in the skillet.
- Add pepper and salt to the lettuce.
- Then sprinkle a few pinches of sugar.
- Drizzle with red wine vinegar. Give lettuce a toss.
- Now start to heating up the bacon grease until warm (not hot). The warm bacon grease will make the lettuce more wilt.
- Now drizzle the warm bacon grease over the lettuce.
- Then toss with reserved bacon bits.
- Add seasonings if desired.
- If the bacon too lean, you can drizzle little olive oil on your salad.
- Now wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease is ready to served.
That was wilted lettuce salad with bacon grease recipe. I think it could answer the question of making wilted lettuce salad bacon grease at home. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!