BEST TARO ROOT RECIPES INDIAN EASY AND QUICK
Taro Root Recipes Indian are some recipes for taro root that usually made by indians. Taro root could be processed become many kinds of food that are delicious and you can make them at home. To make taro root recipes indian, you don’t need to waste a time. Believe me it’s easy and quick. Taro root recipes indian are delicious. If you don’t like a taro root, then you have to tyr to make these recipes. At this occasion, we’ll share to you about how to make taro root recipes indian easy and quick. One of the best reason to make taro root recipes indian is easy and everyone can make.
Taro Root Recipes Indian devided become some kinds. One of the popular taro root recipes indian is Arbi masala (Sauteed Taro Root). Arbi masala Arbi, also known by various aliases as arvi and taro and colacassia, is a root vegetable. Learn how to make Arbi Curry by following this easy step to step recipe. Next taro root recipes indian is Indian baked taro root fry. And then we have Taro root pulusu. Okay let’s go to make some taro root recipes indian together with us.
HOW TO MAKE TARO ROOT RECIPES INDIAN EASY AND QUICK
- Arbi Masala Recipe (Sauteed Taro Root)
The first taro root recipes indian is Arbi Masala. This indian taro root recipe is very popular because of its deliciousneess. To make arbi masala is easy and quick. We will give you cooking directions and ingredients needed to make it at home.
- 1 Tbsp coriander powder (dhania)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric (haldi)
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 7-8 medium sized taro root (boiled, arbi)
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/8 tsp asafetida (hing)
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp mango powder (amchoor)
- 3 Tbsp oil
- 1/2 tsp carom seeds (ajwain)
- 2 green chilies (sliced)
- First step to make arbi masala is wash the arbi before boiling. But don’t boil the arbi too slimmy. Arbi should be firm and knife should go through effortless.
- Peel off the skin. Then slice into 1/8 thick rounds. Set aside.
- After that make the paste. Use the small bowl and mix coriander powder, turmeric, red chili powder with 1/4 cup water. Then set aside.
- Prepare the wide pan to heat the oil over medium heat. Remember, the oil must be moderately hot. When you add the cumin seed to oil it should crack right away.
- Next step is add the carom seeds and cumin seeds as cumin seeds crack add asafetida.
- Keep on stirring and don’t forget to add spice paste. Stir them for 30 minutes.
- Then add the green chili. Stir for few seconds.
- Now we go to the arbi. Spread the arbi over the pan.
- Then sprinkle the salt, and mango powder gently fold the arbi with spice mix, all the arbies should be coated well with spices. Making sure arbies are not sticking to each other.
- Last step is sautée them until lightly brown in both side over medium heat. This should take 8-10 minutes.
- Arbi Masala is ready to served.
2. Taro Root Roast / Cheppankizhangu /Seppankilangu Roast Recipe
The second taro root recipes indian is taro root roast. In tamilians, this food known as Cheppankizhangu /Seppankilangu Varuval. This is real low calorie food. And you have to try make it. Here are some ingredients and cooking directions.
- 12-14 Taro Root (small ones not the BIG gargantuan sized Chinese ones!)
- 1 tsp chilli powder (or as per taste)
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1/2 tsp split black gram (urad dal)
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 3 tsp vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- First step is wash the taro root in cold water.
- And then steam them for approx until its fork tender yet firm (10 minutes).
- After that let the taro root cool. My experience is the skin come off easily without pulling all the flesh too along with it.
- Prepare a zip lock bag. And then add 2 tsp of oil, turmeric, and chili powder. Mix them until mixed well.
- And then add taro root to the bag. Toss until coated well with the spices and oil.
- Prepare the baking sheet. covered by alumunium foil.
- Grease it lightly and place the coated taro root on sheet.
- Now switch on the broiler in high.
- Then place baking sheet below it.
- Broil for 20-30 minutes until the surface was all charred and roasted.
- Keep on tossing taro root so that it roasts on all the sides at regular intervals.
- Heat the mustard seeds – once popped, add black split gram with 1 tbsp oil.
- You may add asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Toos the broiled taro rot in the skillet.
- Add salt to taste.
- Stir quickly so that the tempered ingredients gets coated on the taro root. Place to the plate.
- Serve it.
3. Taro Root Pulusu Recipe
We go to the next taro root recipes indian. It called taro root pulus. This is a food from india. And indian like to eat it. How to make taro root pulusu? We will give you ingredients and cooking directions.
- Taro root 10
- Coriander powder 1 tsp
- Chili powder 1 tsp
- Turmeric 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil 2 tbsp
- Chopped coriander leaves 2 tbsp for garnish
- Tomato 1 small chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Garlic 2 chopped finely
- Fenugreek seeds 1 tsp
- Hing a small pinch
- Tomato 1 small chopped finely
- Tamarind extract from a gooseberry sized tamarind 3/4 c
- Shallots 5 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Green chilies 2 slit
- Jaggery 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds 1 tsp
- First step is pressure cook the taro root for 2 whistles.
- If done, now peel off and chop into fingers size.
- Prepare the pan and heat it with oil and pop the mustards seeds.
- Now add curry leaves, fenugreek and hing next.
- After that toss in garlic and onions. Fry them until transparent.
- Then add the tomato and keep on frying until mushy.
- Add the turmeric and all spice powders. Mix them until mixed well.
- Tip in the chopped taro root fingers and add tamarind extract, salt, and jaggery.
- If too thick, add some water to achieve your desired thickness. Mix well.
- Cover and cook over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Garnish with chopped coriander leaves.
- Prepare the hot steamed rice and poppadoms by the side.
- Taro Root Pulusu is ready to served.
That was taro root recipes indian. I think it could answer the question of making indian taro root recipes at home. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!