SIMPLE AND EASY RECIPES FOR TARO ROOT COOKING
Recipes For Taro Root Cooking Ideas are so many. Few days ago we’ve shared 3 recipes with taro root. And now we will give you another recipes for taro root easy. Taro root could be processed become many kinds of foods. So that we are here to give you some recipes ideas for taro root cooking. Recipes for taro root could be customized to your taste. It means that taro root is beneficial vegetable. Here are some recipes for taro root cooking ideas for you.
DELICIOUS RECIPES FOR TARO ROOT COOKING IDEAS
- Taro Root Chips Recipe
The first recipes for taro root is taro root chips. This is a healthy snack that you can make it at home for easy. Taro chips very suitable to be enjoyed in relax time. Here are some ingredients and directions.
- 8 ounces taro root (from about 1/2 medium taro)
- Kosher salt
- Olive oil
- Freshly ground black pepper
- White Bean and Edamame Hummus, for serving (optional; see recipe intro)
- Pastry brush to make chips.
- Prepare the oven and heat up to 400 degrees F.
- Then arrange the racks to divide the oven into thirds.
- Coat 2 baking sheets with a thin layer of olive oil using a pastry brush. Set aside.
- Peel off the taro root. Cut and slice into 1/16 inch thick (very thin rounds).
- Now place the slices on a single layer on the prepared baking sheets. Remember that the slices can be touching but should not overlap.
- After that brush the top of each round. Use thin layer of oil.
- Then add seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Now time to bake the taro root slices. Bake for 12 minutes.
- Don’t forget to rotate the pans between racks.
- Bake for 3 minutes more, until the edges of the taro chips curl up slightly and are just starting to turn golden brown.
- Next step, place the baking sheets on wire racks.
- Immediately add seasoning to the chips with salt.
- Let it cool until crisp (about 3 minutes).
- Then transfer to the serving dish.
- You can serve with bean and edamame hummus.
- Store in airtight container for up to 5 days.
2. Taro and White Bean Curry Recipe
The next recipes for taro root is taro and white curry. We use taro as the main ingredient to make this food. How to make it? Let’s check the ingredients and directions.
- 2 c. taro roots, peeled and diced
- 1 c. fresh/frozen coconut
- 5-10 black peppercorns
- 1 c. white beans, soaked and boiled
- 2 sprigs fresh curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- First step is soak the white beans in hot water for a couple. This job needs 1 hour.
- Then boil in he salted water until soften.
- After that wash he taro until clean. Then peel of taro into cubes.
- Don’t forget to wash with running water until there’s no slime anymore.
- Place to the a big pot of salted water.
- Then boil, draim and set aside.
- Now time for grinding coconut and black pepper until smoth paste. If water needed, you can add water.
- Combine all ingredients. Then boil them.
- Add curry leaves and salt. Let it simmer until the curry leaves infuses its aroma for 2 minutes.
- Serve hot with rice.
- This recipe is for 4 servings.
3. Taro Fries With Cilantro Pesto Recipe
The next recipes for taro root is taro fires with cilantro pesto. The combination between taro and cilantro pesto is the best. You can make it at home with our directions and ingredients.
- 1 lb. taro
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 6 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c. blend olive oil and vegetable oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 tsp. chili pepper flakes (optional)
- Peel off the taro using kitchen gloves.
- Then cut them into thick slices shaped like French fries.
- Soak in a bowl of lemony water (squeeze half a lemon into the water).
- Next step is wash the cilantro and drain.
- Mince the leaves well.
- Peel off the garlic and chop.
- Pound in a mortar with a teaspoon of salt until a paste forms. Set aside.
- Boil the salted water.
- Then add taro and simmer until soft and thoroughly cooked. This job needs 15 minutes. Then drain.
- Next step is heat a large skillet. Then add oil blend.
- If the oil was hot, drop taro to fry in the oil on all sides until crispy.
- Then add the cilantro, mashed garlic, and chili pepper flakes.
- Stir the mixture until fragnant (30 seconds).
- Transfer to the serving plate.
- You can eat it with extra lemon quarters if desired.
That was recipes for taro root cooking ideas. I think it could answer the question of making italian sausage side dishes at home. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!