RECIPES IDEAS OF ITALIAN SIDE DISHES FOR PASTA
Italian Side Dishes For Pasta. When you read this title may be you have a question, How to make it? All italian side dishes are simple and easy to make. No exception about it. So we sure you can make italian side dishes for pasta at home, with our directions. Italian like to eat side dishes because they realize that vegetables are beneficial for body health. Almost italian side dishes use vegetables/veggie as a main ingredient. Many kinds italian side dishes. Such as italian side dishes vegetables, and italian side dishes for pasta. Italian side dishes for pasta become our topic at this occasion. Because we will share to you recipes ideas of italian side dishes for pasta.
Italian Side Dishes For Pasta made by creativity. Pasta is a staple food of traditional Italian cuisine, with the first reference dating to 1154 in Sicily. Since 1154, pasta going popular entire world. In italy, pasta is a must. Many foods in italy use pasta. Italian side dishes for pasta also has many kinds. We have no reason to say undelicious. Because the special one from italian side dishes is its deliciousness and healthness. Here are some recipes ideas of italian side dishes for pasta.
HEALTHY ITALIAN SIDE DISHES FOR PASTA RECIPES IDEAS
- Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad Recipe
The first italian side dishes for pasta is grilled veggie pasta salad. This dish using grilled asparagus. As we know that asparagus is a rich vegetables. Asparagus contains many kinds of nutritions that good for our body health. To make grilled veggies pasta salad, we have complete directions and ingredients.
- 1/2pound asparagus, trimmed
- 3tablespoons olive oil
- 4cups cooked whole grain rotini pasta
- 1small zucchini, halved lengthwise
- 1red sweet pepper, stemmed, seeded, and quartered
- 1/2small red onion, cut into 1/2-inch thick slices
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1/4teaspoon salt
- 1/8teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2tablespoons fresh oregano, chopped
- Shredded Parmesan cheese
- First step is brush the vegetables with a tablespoon oil.
- Now we going to the charcoal grill. Place vegetables on the rack of the grill over medium-hot coals.
- Cover and start grilling asparagus for 3-5 minutes. Turning it once.
- And grill the zucchini sweet pepper, and onion, turning once, or until vegetables are tender.
- Then remove and let them cool. (For a gas grill, preheat grill. Reduce heat to medium-high. Add vegetables to grill rack and grill as above.)
- Now cut the vegetables become 1/2-inch pieces.
- Then place in large bowl and toss with pasta.
- Next step is adding remaining oil, salt, black pepper, balsamic vinegar to pasta mixture. Toss them to coat.
- Then make a topping with fresh oregano.
- If you wanna top with parmesan cheese, it’s up to you.
- Grilled Veggie Pasta Salad is ready to served.
- This recipe is for 4 servings.
2. Vegan Lasagna Recipe
The second italian side dishes for pasta is vegan lasagna. Vegetables really useful in making dish. As italian habit, they like to use vegetables for their dishes. This dish is very suitable for a vegan or those with food allergies. It’s a delicious and healthy pasta dish that is bound to also please the meat- and dairy-lovers among us. Now let us make delicious vegan lasagna with our directions.
Ingredients for the sauce :
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 (28-ounce) cans whole peeled tomatoes, preferably San Marzano
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon red pepper flakes, plus more as needed
- Kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons capers
Ingredients for the noodles :
- Kosher salt
- 12 ounces dried lasagna noodles
Ingredients for the filling :
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest (from about 2 medium lemons)
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemon juice, plus more as needed (from about 1/2 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 2 pounds soft tofu, drained
- 1/3 cup finely chopped Italian parsley leaves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, plus more as needed
Ingredients for the eggplant :
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds eggplant (about 2 small)
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt, plus more as needed
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch red pepper flakes
To assemble :
- 1 cup loosely packed basil leaves (from about 1 bunch), cut into 1/4-inch-thick ribbons
Directions for the eggplant :
- First step is preheat your oven to 350 degrees F.
- Remember to arrange a rack in the middle.
- Now you have to cut the eggplants. Cut them become lengthwise 1/8-inch-thick slices.
- Put them in a single layer on a fat surface. Or you can use 2 baking sheets.
- Make overlapping slightly as needed.
- Then sprinkle evenly with 1 teaspoon of the salt.
- Flip the eggplant. Don’t forget to add 1 teaspoon salt. Let it sit until water beads form on the surface, at least 30 minutes.
- While waiting, let us prepare the sauce.
Directions for making sauce :
- Prepare the food processor which fitted with a blade attachment.
- Start pulsing tomatoes and their juices, in batches as needed, until coarsely chopped. This job is about 10 pulses.
- Now add oil on the saucepan. Heat it with a tightfitting lid over medium-high heat until shimmering.
- Then add onion and cook for about 3 minutes. Stirring occasionally, until translucent.
- Then add garlic and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Next step is remove the onion and garlic to the side of the pan. Then add tomato paste to the empty side of the pan.
- Cook the paste slightly for 1-2 minutes, in order to remove the raw flavor. Stirring occasionally.
- Then stir the onions and garlic into the paste to incorporate.
- Then you have to add the red pepper flakes, bay leaf, tomatoes, and few pinches of salt.
- Now you bring the mixture to a boil, then reduce the heat to low. Cover it and start simmer to meld the flavors (this job needs 45 minutes).
- Add the capers, taste, and season with additional salt and red pepper flakes as needed. Then set aside.
Directions to finish the eggplant :
- Pat the eggplant slices dry on both sides using a paper towels.
- Then heat 1 1/2 teaspoons of the oil over medium-high heat in a large nonsticking frying pan.
- After that Add just enough eggplant to sit in a single layer in the pan. Then sear on both sides, about 4 minutes total.
- Taste it, and season with salt if desired.
- Remove to a plate and repeat, in batches, with another 1 1/2 tablespoons of the oil and the remaining uncooked eggplant.
- Waiting the eggplant cooks with another job.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, a pinch of salt, parsley, red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Stir them to combine.
- Transfer the seared eggplant to the oil-vinegar mixture and toss.
- Now taste and add seasons with salt if needed.
Directions for the noodles :
- Boil a large pot of heavily salted water with over medium-high heat.
- Then add noodles and cook for 7 minutes until al dente. Stirring occasionally. Drain until cool enough.
- Now lay the pieces flat on a lightly oiled baking sheet.
Directions for the filling :
- Prepare a bowl of a food processor fitted with a blade attachment. Add the tofu, parsley, nutritional yeast (if using), lemon juice, lemon zest, and measured salt. Process about 30 seconds until smooth perfectly.
- Then taste and season with more lemon juice, salt, and pepper as needed. Then set aside.
Directions to assemble the lasagna :
- Prepare the baking dish. Then spread a thin layer of tomato sauce in the bottom of a 13-by-9-inch baking dish.
- Next step is place the noodles. Place a single layer of noodles on top of the sauce, about 3 regular-sized noodles.
- Spread the tofu filling to the top of noodles. (About 1 cup tofu).
- Then Lay a quarter of the eggplant slices over the filling.
- Now spread the sauce (1 cup) over the eggplant.
- Sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil leaves.
- Make three more layers of noodles, filling, eggplant, sauce, and basil, omitting the basil from the top layer.
- Cover and start bake for 50 minutes.
- Open the cover and bake for 10 minutes until bubbling. The let cool before cutting.
- Last step is sprinkle with 1/4 cup basil and add tomato sauce.
- Delicious vegan lasagna is ready to served.
How To Make Italian Side Dishes For Pasta
3. Eggplant Parmesan Recipe
Now we’re in third recipe of italian side dishes for pasta. And we choose eggplant parmesan. This recipe come from campania. It’s typically served as an antipasto. This is side dish or even cold as a sandwich filling. The important thing to make this side dish is make sure the oil is full heated before add the eggplant. In not, the slices will absorb oil too much. Let’s make eggplant parmesan now.
- Olive oil for frying
- 2 1/2 cups tomato sauce, purchased or homemade
- 1 lb. fresh mozzarella cheese, cut into thin slices
- 2 eggplants, about 1 lb. each
- Sea salt, to taste
- 1/2 cup grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
- First step is trim the eggplants.
- Then start cutting eggplants crosswise into slices 1/4 inch thick.
- Layer the slices in a colander set over a plate.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle each layer with salt. And then let stand until drain (about 30 minutes).
- Wash (rinse) the eggplant slices with running water.
- And then use paper towels to pat dry.
- Next step is preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare the 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- Place a large platter or tray with paper towels.
- Pour olive oil to large fry pan about 1/2 inch depth. Set the heat over high heat until hot.
- Add the eggplant to a single layer. But don’t too crowd.
- Start fry for 10 minutes until eggplant slices nicely browned on both sides.
- Remove to the plate to drain.
- Repeat frying as above until the end.
- Add oil to the pan if needed.
- Spread thin tomato sauce on the baking dish.
- Then Cover the sauce with a layer of the eggplant slices.
- Next overlapping them slightly and using about a third of the slices.
- Make topping with a third of the mozzarella, a third of the sauce and a third of the Parmigiano-Reggiano.
- Make again 2 topping as above.
- And in the end layer with grated cheese.
- Now time to bake. Bake until cheese lightly browned and sauce’s bubbling. It need about 45 minutes.
- Let it cool for 5 minutes before served.
- This recipe is for 6 servings.
We have many recipes of italian side dishes for pasta. But this time we just share 3 italian side dishes for pasta. Next time we will share many more recipes ideas for italian side dishes. We do hope you can make 3 italian side dishes for pasta at home. And we sure that you can do it.
That was recipes ideas of italian side dishes for pasta. I think it could answer the question of making italian pasta side dishes at home. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many healthy recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!