BEST WAY HOW TO STEAM SHRIMP AT HOME
How To Steam Shrimp At Home Easy is the title today. Because we will help you to steam shrimp at home. Shrimp is very useful in any foods. Shrimp contains many nutritions that are beneficial for body health. Shrimp also has a delicious taste and everybody like to eat shrimp. How to steam shrimp at home? Of course you can do it easily. Because you just need simple equipment. Today we will steam shrimp at home together.
HOW TO STEAM SHRIMP AT HOME WITH OVEN STEAMING
In this method you need to prepare ingredients below :
- 1 lb (450 g) shrimp, still in their shells
3 Tbsp (45 ml) melted butter or 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) salt
1/2 tsp (2.5 ml) ground black pepper
1/4 tsp (1.25 ml) garlic powder (optional)
- Makes 2 to 4 servings
- First step is preheat your oven to 450 degrees F. Then prepare a shallow and non-stick baking pan. Or you can line the pan with nonstick aluminum foil or parchment paper.
- Next step is devein the shrimp. Remember the shrimp should be in their shells. Do not peel them off. Instead, cut open a small slit in the back of the shell and remove the vein through it. You can use kitchen scissors to cut into the shell. And just barely into the flesh of the skin just above the shrimp’s back.
- After that drain the shrimp. Then wash the shrimp with running water.
- If done, now arrange the shrimp in your prepared pan. Place the shrimp in a single in your baking layer, even layer. The aim is just to make sure that the shrimp is in even layers. And avoid creating more than two full layers of shrimp in the pan.
- Now drizzle the shrimp with olive oil or melted butter. But you may add black pepper, garlic powder, salt, if desired. Then toss with spoon or spatula. This job to coat each shrimp evenly.
- After that cover the pan and cook the shrimp until uniformly pink. Cover loosely with aluminum foil and oven-steam for a total of 7 to 8 minutes, turning once after the 5 minute mark. And if your shrimp size is bigger, it needs more longer to cook.
- If the shrimp jumbo or colossal, steam for more 2-4 minutes.
- Turn or stir the shrimp with a spatula, slotted spoon, or tongs after the first 5 minutes.
- Cover with a loose aluminum foil to the pan to trap the steam.
- Then serve the shrimp immediately in the serving dish.
That was how to steam shrimp at home. I think it could answer the question of making steamed shrimp at home and quick. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!