HOW TO MAKE MACARONS WITHOUT ALMOND FLOUR
How to make macarons without almond flour? Do you like almonds? Almond is very liked by some people. But did you know that almonds are also hated by some people. Almonds have many benefits and uses. But almonds are also unacceptable to some people, because of allergies. Many people are allergic to nuts, including almonds. Then what if you like macarons but you have almond allergy? Can we make macarons without almond flour? Of course, we can. Because we will share the recipe on how to make macarons without almond flour. Many ways to make macarons without almond flour. We can use another ingredient to replace almond flour.
How to make macarons without almond flour but macarons still have delisious taste? Nowadays, many solutions to replace almond flour when making macarons. In many researches, almond actually has many benefits for our body health. But if people are really allergic to eat almond flour, then it can not be forced. The almond (Prunus dulcis, syn. Prunus amygdalus) is a species of tree native to the Middle East, the Indian subcontinent and North Africa. While it is true that those with nut allergies cannot have the traditional macaron, there is no reason they cannot have a macaron with something substituted for the almond flour. There are some ingredients to replace almond flour in making macarons. We have at least 3 recipes of macarons without almond flour. And i promise that these macarons are still tasty and yummy. Here are some recipes on how to make macarons without almond flour.
Recipes Ideas on How To Make Macarons Without Almond Flour
- White Chocolate Nut Free Macarons Recipe
The first recipe of how to make macarons without almond flour is using white chocolate to replace almond flour. White chocolate could subtitute alomond (nut) to make macarons. And now you can make nut free macarons easily. Here are the recipes.
- 8.47 ounces white chocolate, finely grated [240g]
- 1 cup icing sugar, sifted [120g (4.23 ounces)]
- 4 egg whites [140g (4.94 ounces)]
- 1/3 cup caster sugar [72g (2.54 ounces)]
- First you have to mix between sugar and egg white together. Mix it until firm.
- If it done, you may add color if desired. Whisk it thoroughly.
- Make sure the egg white stiff enough so it won’t spill when you turn bowl upside down.
- Once it is just combined, continue to fold while some more mixture is dropped into the bowl very slowly & melds down into the rest of the mixture. You do not want a runny mixture or your macarons will be flat.
- Then pour the mixture into a ziploc bag with the corner cut off, and circle the pipe to the non-stick hard bread.
- Now bake it for 20 minutes at 302 degrees fahrenheit or 150 degrees celcius.
- Remove from the baking and let the cool on the paper. Be careful to peel them off.
- Pair similarly sized macrons and fill them with ganache.
- Nut free macarons is ready to served.
- This recipes for 20 macarons.
2. Sunflower Seed Macarons Recipe
The second recipe on how to make macarons without almond flour is using sunflower to replace almond. This recipe is easy enough and you can taste how delicious it is. Let’s get the ingredients and directions.
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar [53 grams]
- 2/3 cup of raw sunflower seeds [71 grams]
- 1 cup confectioners’ sugar [117 grams]
- Jam or other filling
- First step is preheat your oven at 350 degrees.
- And then combine between confectioners’ sugar and sunflower seed in food processor. Mix them until mixed perfectly.
- Strain the sugar mixture with a strainer.
- Put back the filtered sugar into the food processor. Then strain again to press the lumps.
- Do it at least twice until less than 2 tablespoons of solids are left.
- Then whisk granulated sugar and egg whites by hand until mixed.
- Then move up to medium speed. Raise speed every 3 minutes until stiff peaks form. Do it for 6-10 minutes.
- Add color and whip again for 30 minutes.
- Then add dry ingredients.
- Then fold with a spatula.
- Repeat again until the batter flows like lava.
- After that pipe small circles into parchment paper or on a macaron sheet.
- Tap sheets firmly against counter 2 or 3 times. The aim is to remove the air bubbles.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes until risen.
- Let it cool in room.
- Pipe or spread filling on flat sides of half of cookies; top with remaining half.
- Finally wrap with plastic then put in the freezer.
3. Pumpkin Seed Nut Free Macarons Recipe
The last recipe on how to make macarons without almond flour is use pumpkin seed. According to the U.S. National Library of Medicine, pumpkin seed allergies are rare. As they have no botanical relationship to nuts of any kind, they make a safe and reliable substitute.
- ¼-ounce (7 g) cocoa powder
- 5 ounces egg whites (144g)
- 2½ ounces (72g) sugar
- 4 ounces (115g) toasted pumpkin seeds
- 8 ounces (230g) powdered sugar
- ¾-ounce (21g) malt powder
- The scrapings of 1 vanilla bean
- ½ tsp (2g) salt
Filling Ingredients :
- 1-ounce (28g) barley malt syrup
- 8 ounces (230g) of your favorite vanilla buttercream
- First, preheat your oven at 300 degrees fahrenheit or 148 degrees celcius
- And then fit large plain tip pastry bag, set aside.
- Next, use parchment paper to line 2 sheet pans. Set aside.
- If your oven has a strong bottom level heating element, consider double panning.
- Grind the pumpkin seeds, malt powder, cocoa, and powdered sugar in a bowl of food processor for a minute.
- Sift the mixture until passes throug a sieve. Set aside.
- Use stand mixer. Mix the sugar, vanilla bean, salt, and egg whites. Turn the mixer to medium. Mix it for 3 minutes.
- Increase the speed to high and do it in 3 minutes.
- Now go to highest speed and whip it for 1 minute (At the end of this minute, you should have an exceedingly stiff, dry Meringue).
- Then dump in the dry ingredients all at once and fold them in with a rubber spatula.
- Move the batter to a piping bag.
- Next step, pipe onto the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Rap the sheet pan firmly against the counter two or three times.
- Bake until you can peel the macarons away from the parchment paper (this may take 18 minutes or longer).
- Let cool before you remove it form the parchment
- Whip the buttercream and barley malt syrup together and use as a filling for the cookies; sandwiching (Approximately ½-Tablespoon buttercream between every cookie pair).
- Now put the macarons in the refrigerator overnight.
- Pumpkin seed macarons is ready to consumed.
That was recipe on How To Make Macarons Without Almond Flour. I think tips above could answer the question of how to make almond flour for macarons. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many healthy recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!