ITALIAN SIDE DISHES VEGETABLES RECIPES IDEAS
Italian Side Dishes Vegetables are very popular in Italy. Italian know how to make vegetables become a useful dishes. They know that vegetables have many benefits to our body health. Vegetables have a lot of good nutrition for our bodies. Our bodies need nutrients in fact contained in vegetables. Vegetables have many advantages. You can eat raw vegetables, but also can process them before eating. Various kinds of processed vegetables that you can make yourself at home. Italian side dishes vegetables often made by italian. But now you can make various kinds of italian side dishes vegetables easily. Because we will share to you recipes ideas of italian side dishes vegetables to you.
Italian Side Dishes Vegetables have many kinds. In this occasion we will share to you at least 5 recipes ideas of italian side dishes vegetables. Vegetables dishes actually easy to make. But the problem is many people don’t used to eat vegetables dishes. Although we have no reason to avoid it. Vegetables could be processed into many kinds of dishes. If you want to make italian side dishes vegetables, we will give you answer. Let us check what are italian side dishes vegatables recipes ideas.
ITALIAN SIDE DISHES VEGETABLES HEALTHY RECIPES IDEAS
1. Roasted Mixed Vegetables Tuscan Style Recipe
The first italian side dishes vegetables is raosted mixed vegetables. This dish is very delicious, fresh, and of course help you get through the summer. It’s easy to make and below are ingredients and directions.
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 fennel bulbs, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 2 vine ripened tomatoes, soft-ish
- 8 oz of cremini or white button mushrooms, left whole
- extra virgin olive oil – ⅓ cup plus ¼ cup
- rosemary – about 10 one-inch pieces of fresh rosemary, with branch
- 1 large baking sheet or two medium ones
- parchment paper
- 1 butternut squash, cubed (precut is ok)
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- pepper – 40 grinds of the mill
- salt – 2 teaspoons
- First step is preheat your oven at 400 degrees F.
- Then place the rack in the bottom of oven.
- use the parchment paper to cover baking sheets.
- Put the vegetables on the sheet in the single layer.
- Next step is drizzle with olive oil.
- Then add salt and pepper.
- Put the rosemary pieces evenly dispersed on pan.
- Mix all vegetables to have an olive oil/salt/pepper coating. Use your fingers to mix them.
- Now lick your fingers. Adjust seasonings if desired.
- Then bake for 80 minutes n the lowest rack.
- At about 40 minutes and 60 minutes marks, stir vegetables and lay them back down until cooked.
- If you are using 2 smaller baking sheets, switch them about half way so each gets time on the bottom and closest to the heat source.
2. Celery Root Puree Recipe
The second italian side dishes vegetables is celery root puree. Celery is one of the rare vegetables. But if available in winter, celery root is delicious and easy to use. Celery root puree has a delicious taste and easy to make. You can make celery root pure by our directions.
- One onion, peeled, don’t cut (save the skin)
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- generous salt to taste – a generous teaspoon I would say
- freshly ground pepper
- One large celery root or two smaller ones, peeled with a knife and cut in thirds
- One or two unpeeled russet potatoes (depending on how many people you want to feed)
- ⅓ stick of butter or the equivalent of olive oil
- Prepare the oven and preheat to 350 degrees F.
- Boil a small pot of water.
- If you wanna make broth, add celery root, potato, onion, carrots, bay leaf, a chicken bone, and onion skin to add flavor, and then remove them when soft and proceed with recipe.
- Boil for 45 minutes until vegetables are soft. Remove and set aside.
- Now blend all ingredients with a food processor. Make sure they are very smooth.
- Spread out in glass baking dish, 8×8”.
- Don’t forget to cover it with aluminum foil.
- Now bake it for 30 minutes.
- Celery root puree is ready to served.
- Notes : You can rebake the remains in next day with the same way.
- You can add other veegetables root to the mix. Throw a turnip or a parsnip or even a carrot into the mix for variation.
- Celery root puree is one of the favorite italian side dishes vegetables.
3. Tuscan Garden Grove Brussels Sprouts Recipe
The third recipes of italian side dishes vegetables is brussels sprouts. This dish use brussles sprouts as main ingredients. The falvor is so tasty and easy to make at home. This dish is very suitable for your family. I’m sure you can make it by reading directions below.
- 2 -3 large shallots cut into ½ inch pieces
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 one-inch pieces of fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 ½ pounds Brussels sprouts (about 30 sprouts)
- 3 vine ripened tomatoes, cut into ½ inch pieces
- generous ground pepper
- Prepare the oven and preheat it to400 degrees F.
- While waiting oven heated, cut off brown end tips of Brussels sprouts. Don’t worry to pull off any yucky looking yellowish leaves.
- Prepare the casserole dish. And put the tomatoes, shallots, garlic, Brussels sprouts, and rosemary in it.
- Then drizzle them with olive oi.
- Don’t forget to sprinkle with salt and thyme. Grind fresh pepper.
- Mix with you fingers. And then lick your fingers to test seasoning. Adjust if desired.
- The rosemary and garlic pieces should be evenly dispersed throughout casserole.
- Then bake it until browned and soft (needs 60 minutes).
- Remove from the oven and ready to served.
4. Roasted Broccoli With Parmigiano Recipe
Okay, next italian side dishes vegetables is made from broccoli. This vegetable is rich in benefits. Broccoli contains soluble fiber. So as to facilitate the process of digestion. Broccoli can also lower cholesterol, especially if steamed. Eating vegetables such as green broccoli with large amounts can lower your risk for colon and lung cancer. Broccoli contains sulforaphane which is a compound containing sulfur, this compound that gives a bitter taste to broccoli. This content is what makes green vegetables have the ability to fight cancer. A study showed that women who consumed more than 5 servings of vegetables per week, had a lower risk of lung cancer. Now we will share to you one of italian side dishes vegetables. It’s called roasted broccoli with parmigiano. These are ingredients and cooking directions.
- 2-3 heads of broccoli
- 2 teaspoons salt
- generous freshly ground pepper
- ¼-⅓ cup extra virgin olive oil
- parmigiano reggiano, grated with a microplane – optional
- Prepare the oven and preheat it to 425 degrees F.
- You have to cut off the stick stem of broccoli.
- Then Use your hands to break apart florets into smaller and bigger pieces.
- Line with parchment paper on the sheet.
- Put the broccoli on baking sheet.
- Drizzle with oil, sprinkle the salt, grind the pepper and add the grated parmigiano.
- Mix them with your fingers.
- Then lick your fingers. It should be salty and peppery. Seasoning will burn off in oven, so you want it to taste extra salty and peppery.
- Now bake in the oven for 11-15 minutes.
- Remove from oven and ready to served.
5. Potato Stick Recipe
We’re in the fifth recipe of italian side dishes vegetables.Wemade it from potatoes. Because potatoes have high carbo so we get much energy from them. Potatoes are foods with a considerable amount of vitamins. In potatoes contain sources of starch, minerals, fiber, and vitamins. 100 grams of potatoes contains 70 calories and less fat. Potatoes can prevent constipation and lower bad cholesterol. Potatoes are also useful for absorbing sugar in the intestine. So the potatoes can keep blood sugar levels. In addition, potatoes are also rich in vitamin B complex, such as thiamin, niacin, pantothenic acid, and folate. Now we will make LITTLE ITALIAN POTATO STICKS WITH ROSEMARY AND THYME. In italy, they like to consume potatoes. So here is one of the italian side dishes vegetables. Let’s get ingredients and directions.
- Russet Potatoes, washed, peels ON (figure 1 potato for 2 people)
- 1 scant teaspoon salt (per potato)
- 15 grinds of the pepper mill (per potato)
- extra virgin olive oil (about 1 tablespoon per potato)
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme (per potato)
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary (per potato)
- parchment paper
- First step is preheat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Then you make a line baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Now we go to the popatoes. Make a potatoes slice. Slice them lengthwise into ¼ inch to ½ inch slices.
- Stack the slices on top of one another and slice in the other direction to make them ¼ inch or ½ inch wide.
- If it’s done, now put the potatoes slices on the baking sheet.
- You have to add olive oil to cover all potatoes.
- Salt, herbs and pepper also added.
- Mix the potatoes with your fingers so they are coated perfectly.
- Now lick your fingers. Its taste should be herby, salty, peppery side as flavor tends to burn off in the oven a bit.
- If the flavor has no kick on your finger, add more salt and the rest.
- Now put the potatoes on lined baking sheet in single layer.
- Bake it for 15-25 minutes. Don’t forget to check after 12 minutes, to see they need to be flipped or not shaken up and then again 5 minutes later.
- If done, remove from the oven and LITTLE ITALIAN POTATO STICKS WITH ROSEMARY AND THYME ready to served.
That was recipes ideas of Italian Side Dishes Vegetables. I think it could answer the question of how to make italian side dishes vegatables at home. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many healthy recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!