BEST CHICKEN CURRY WITH GARAM MASALA RECIPE
Chicken Curry With Garam Masala Recipe is one of the most delicious curry. In my experience, making this one was so easy. The most important one is choose the right spices. Chicken curry with garam masala recipe is better made a day before. Why? Because it needs a day for the flavors to meld. To make chicken curry with garam masala is not difficult. Believe me it’s easy. Now i will give you the best chicken curry with garam masala recipe. Let us make it together.
Chicken Curry With Garam Masala Recipe used a wide variety of curry. And of course garam masala brands. I’ve used mountain rose herbs curry powder, organic powder, and muchi curry powder form frontier. If you wanna make a spicier curry powder, you can use muchi curry powder. But if you wanna make more mild curty, you can use a typical curry powder. How to make chicken curry with garam masala recipe? Is it easy? Let’s find out together.
HOW TO MAKE CHICKEN CURRY WITH GARAM MASALA RECIPE
Ingredients for the chicken curry :
- 1 pound of raw chicken thighs or breasts (prefer to chop into bite sized pieces or 2 heaping cups of (leftover roasted chicken, torn into shreds).
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely grated ginger
- 1½ tablespoons curry powder
- Unrefined sea salt
- 2 tablespoons coconut sugar
- 1 large green apple, peeled, cored, and chopped into small pieces
- 3 large garlic cloves, peeled and minced or put through a garlic press
- 1 14-ounce can of unsweetened, full-fat coconut milk
- 2 Roma tomatoes, stemmed and chopped into ½ inch pieces
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon garam masala (see above)
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
Ingredients for garam masala :
- 1 teaspoon cloves
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 teaspoons ground cardamom
- ½ teaspoon freshly grated, or pre-ground nutmeg
- First step is mix the garam masala ingredients. And reserving one tablesppon for the curry.
- Save in airtight container stored in a cool, dark cupboard for up to 18 months.
- After that heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat until hot.
- Then add the finely chopped red onion and apple.
- Next step is sprinkle with a couple pinches of salt. Cook.
- Keep on stirring often to prevent burning (about 7 minutes needed) until onions are soft.
- Then add the garlic and chopped tomatoes. Stir and cook until tomatoes start losing their shape (about 1 minute).
- Meanwhile, combine the garam masala, garlic, ginger, and curry powder in a small bowl.
- Add enough 2 tablespoons of water to create a slurry.
- Then add the spice mixture to the pan once the tomatoes are done.
- Then stir constantly until the spices smells (abut 30 seconds)
- But do not overcook or the spices would be bitter.
- Now add the coconut milk, salt, and the broth. And then bring them to low simmer.
- Simmer with the lid off for about 20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Now add the chicken. If you use raw chicken pieces, cook for 5-7 minutes until cooked perfectly. But if you use chicken shreds, reheat the sauce until heated.
- Then serve with chopped cilantro. Or if you want to add unsweetened yoghurt, you may add it.
- Serve with basmati rice is a perfect taste.
That was chicken curry with garam masala recipe. I think it could answer the question of making garam masala chicken curry at home. I hope you can make it too. Thanks for visiting my sites, and don’t forget to connected to us because we have many recipes ideas every day for free. Happy cooking !!!